My Blog List

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Life is Squirrely

Above is a pic of Simone sitting in the base of their cat tree watching a squirrel happily eat, oblivious to the fact that she is being watched by her arch enemy! I had some rather old dried cranberries, so instead of just tossing into the garbage I decided to see if the wildlife in my neighbourhood would enjoy them. Well, it's been Squirrel city around here ever since! Quite entertaining this morning as they chased each other all over the place! A quilting friend of mine kept a squirrel in a nice large cage in her backyard for several years.
The black bird is a decal I placed on the sliding door so Simone knows when the door is open or closed - took her awhile to figure that out. Simone has been highly entertained this weekend which is good as the cats get so bored and feel house bound in the winter. Time for some cat nip I think!
Speaking of being house bound, I crashed Wednesday night and spent several days on the couch, had no energy AT ALL.  Guess I pushed myself too much last weekend. :(. Almost made it through January without collapsing.  On the plus side I wasn't too "sick" (aka exhausted) to work on my Lucy Boston POTC blocks!! Above is the one I finished from last week. I'm in love!! I wasn't sure about the centre fabric and reallllly wanted to use the outer Black dot fabric somehow - so graphic! I think it turned out fantastic!

On the left is another of my favourite fabrics from
my stash, and I had to fussy cut the hexies so they would work (took the original pic upside down, silly me).
On the right is the one I finished last night. I was a bit disappointed that  I couldn't do better on the outer red hexies, but c'est la vie!
I am now officially on the fourth row for this Lucy Boston Quilt - Woohoo!
Word for this week .....
Godwin’s Law - theory that as an online discussion progresses, it becomes inevitable that someone or something will eventually be compared to Adolf Hitler or the Nazis, regardless of the original topic
This was chosen today as the end of copyright for Hitler's Mein Kampf is currently under discussion on CBC radio as I blog. Hmmm, should it be re-published or left alone ? Interestingly, copyright for the Diary of Anne Frank is also under attack this season. Maybe the word for this week should have been copyright!
TTFN




No comments: