My Blog List

Sunday, December 06, 2015

Ho Ho Ho - it's December!

So we had the Christmas party at work. Afterwards they toss all the greenery and branches. Well, I decided this year was a good year to recycle these goodies. How do you like my outside Christmas display .... I added some large pine cones at the base and the bow, otherwise the rest was free ! But not to stop there .... no .... I also created this lovely display for indoor.
The "tin" is a photo negative drawer, again a recycled item this time from the library's archives. I added the pine cones and the star. Woohoo, it's beginning to look like Christmas at my house!! My sister did the mater run this weekend, so I invited the pater over for dinner.
This involved ironing the damask table cloth, inserting a table leave, bringing up the mirrors (love love love having these mirrors on the table this time of year), and pulling out all the red table linens I can find! We lit the candles and popped open some wine and enjoyed our chicken dinner and cake too!!
No real sewing this past week as I spend most of my "spare" time doing chores and finishing off my Christmas shopping. Today will be spent making one (maybe two) Christmas placemats for the guild's Meals On Wheels seasonal outreach. Two more weeks to go then holidays and sleep in time, :) :) :).

TTFN






No comments: