My Blog List

Sunday, June 22, 2014

New Project :) ;)

Woohoo - I have finally got myself out of my slump and am starting some new projects. Well, actually I am finishing another UFO - YEAH
These are the leftover blocks from a Cobblestone workshop several years ago. I put them together in a random order and used the left over fabric for borders. It wasn't very large so I kept adding borders. I'm satisfied with it now and plan on hand quilting it for a friend at work who will be retiring sooner than me, which is only a couple of years away! It's lap sized so shouldn't take too terribly long. I need some handwork to keep me busy, I've been down and out with miserable allergies and at the Doctor's twice. Hate been sick :(.
Also, I finally cashed in the generous Xmas gift certificate from my sister and went to my favourite quilt store (Cornerstone) for the additional fabrics I will need for my paper piece/hand applique wall hanging I'm also going to start.  Here's the final collection, and I even got the backing for it! Looking forward to doing some more applique, not looking forward to the challenge of paper piecing. I am determined to work on it slowly and enjoy the process. One block at a time, maybe only one per week ? per month? Shouldn't be too stressful?
And of course I finally got my copy of the Lucy Boston POTC! It's everywhere on Pinterest these days! Totally disappointed with the book as it is a complete advertisement for Inklingo and very very limited about Lucy or her quilt. Also, since it is merely an ad vehicle for Inklingo, it gives limited instruction for those of us who don't want to print on fabric! Even the pictures are pathetic, too bad as I rely on pics BIG TIME to help overcome my incompetence in reading patterns ;). Ah well, I remain undaunted as the purpose was to have a long term, stress free hand project, and I still think this will fit the bill.  Between this and the hand appliqued Cats quilt I promised myself I would finally make myself, I should be busy busy busy for another couple of years!!
TTFN


No comments: