My Blog List

Sunday, June 08, 2014

500 Years of Female Portraits in Western Art !


Today is the mater's 87th birthday. So, yes, another celebration :).Left to right: my grandparents B (the mater's parents), my Great Grandmother M, me, (the youngest), the mater (now a great grandma)  and my sister (now a grandma herself!)
Happy Birthday Mom!!
Yesterday was a so-so day. It started off ok, another birthday cake made by 11 am, check, chicken soup in crockpot by 1, check. A beautiful day outside, so a couple of hours in my wee garden pulling weeds, check.Afternoon nap, check, then back into the kitchen.
What the heck! I have no noodles for the soup! Oh well, macaroni will do, will it? I'll tell you later once I've tasted it - it's next week's lunches! Time for dinner ... Now run upstairs and do some quick sewing...
I made 2 door jamb covers for baby Claire's room. Hint (for those w/o kiddies) you wrap one elastic around the door knob then stretch the cover around the door latch to the other door knob. Then parent can close the door w/o the door making any noise and waking baby! Good use for all those scrap leftovers! Ok, that's done, now run downstairs and ice the cake - what! it's flat as a pancake!!! DRAT, bake another cake!!! Now, collapse in bed exhausted as tomorrow is a busy celebration day! I'll be glad to get back to work so I can relax!!
TTFN

1 comment:

regan said...

Good thing you had a nap! :o) LOVE the family photo.....wonderful! And the morphing art portraits was amazing! Thanks! (I've been away from blogging for about 2 months! Eek! Did ya miss me!?! LOL)