My Blog List

Sunday, May 04, 2014

Awhhhhhh

Life is good again - after a whole month of no Irish Breakfast tea, I found it WOOHOO! So I bought 3 boxes and will go back for more ...  Breakfast was wonderful again, oh and the sun is out also . All smiles here :)
Not that I'm superstitious but, I'm going to whisper this one, I think Spring is finally here. My Forsythia bushes are gorgeous this year, thanks to a trim up from my brother-in-law last fall, my Daffodils have finally opened and my Peonies have broken through. It's a riot of yellow and I'm loving it !!

My favourite non-quilty website, Arts & Letters Daily led me to an interesting article, Confetti Uncut. It's a fascinating article about the history of Confetti - who knew! Here's the best sentence I've read in a very very long time:
"These novel fistfuls of paper, thrown by parading merrymakers under a flapping tricolore, thus complete the dynamics of bourgeois counter-revolution in that century, whereby gaudy rubbish (the byproduct of capitalist accumulation) was retailed back to workers, who celebrated therewith, in collective rituals that borrowed liberally from religio-aristocratic forms, their suicidal devotion to the rising bitch-god of nationalism."
That's a teaser, you'll have to read it for the sentence to make sense.
Another terrific bonus is that I not only got my taxes done (on time) I FINISHED, yes, finished Felines & Flutterbies. Another big WOOOHOO! The binding goes on this afternoon, and I'll spend the next couple of  evenings hand sewing it to the back. Just in time for the last guild show-n-tell.
Here's one last look at it on the design wall - next week I'll post a pic of the bound final edition.
Now, what to work on next ? My To-Do/Wish list is HUGE, and the patio is calling me. I've started to accumulate some summer reading - Kafka by the Shore, 100 Year Old Man who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared, Flight Behavior. I need something to do since Vikings and Downton Abbey have reached their season finales :(  .
TTFN

No comments: