My Blog List

Sunday, March 02, 2014

It's March !!

A friend just reported on FB that she saw a flock of Robins in her backyard! Hard to believe considering we got another - yes, another 5cm of snow last night !! None-the-less I'm sooooo sick of winter I'll believe anything about now. I was going to bundle up and go shovel the sidewalk - again, but I see they're out there (finally) plowing and shoveling - yeah for condo living.
Above is a wee collection of new patterns - I do have grand plans - just never enough time! Meadow Lily was picked up for 10 cents at the guild rummage sale, Oh Sew Charming sometime this past winter, and I just picked up the Dancing Umbrellas. Think they would make a cute April square for me Table frame -if I can get to it!
I'm back to Felines and Flutterbies and am working my way through the blocks. Here's this week's block. My quilting doesn't show up too well in this pic - instead of just random quilting I tried to follow the subtle swirl pattern in the background fabric. I plan in quilting in a butterfly in the top left corner. Thought I was almost done, but when I laid the quilt out on the floor just now I realise I have 6 more blocks to quilt! YIKES - then I have to decide what I want to do with the borders and lattice strips between the blocks. Any suggestions???
All day Sherlock marathon today in BBC Canada - totally hooked, got to get moving and complete the day's chores so I can sit and quilt while watching these 2 guys. Also re-hooked on Vikings. This past week was the premier of season 2 - oh yah , Ragnar Lothbrok - oh yah ;)

TTFN,


2 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi Sada, We also got some of this wintry weather and our solution was to stay indoors and watch the snow. Grenville has gotten hooked on the modern Sherlock series and he watches it online. I also enjoy the Murdoch Mysteries via Netflix.

Idle hands, empty brain ... said...

Alas, I'm still a working woman so no staying home, warm and cozy on wintery days :(. I can't believe I'm so hooked on TV shows! On Sunday it's Downton Abbey, and again on Wednesday nights, Mondays its Antiques Roadshow, Tuesday its Nature & Nova, Thursday is Vikings and Fridays its HeartBeat and Foyle's War. Yeah for BBC Canada, PBS, History channel, Vision TV and TVO! All good to have on while hand quilting :)
Sada