My Blog List

Sunday, July 08, 2012

Summer Bird feeder :)

So not too much happening on the home front these days - it's been TOOOOOO HOT!  A friend and I attended Summer Shakespeare at our local University - A Winter's Tale. Hadn't even heard of this play before, and now that I have can't say it was all that much different than most Shakespeare plays. Still, it was an outing and an enjoyable evening. I have been crafting -oh just a wee bit, and made several TeaCup bird feeders :)
After the fact I thought, how silly. I should have taken pictures and made it into a tutorial. Sorry, but here come mini intstructions:

  • go to your local hardware store and find some spiral garden stakes. In my case the "spiral" was not flat and I had to pound away to flatten the spiral.
  • Flattening the spiral so that it was level looks easy .... but I had quite a time on the first go round . Good luck with that one ladies
  • while at the hardware store get some epoxy glue. I used Gorilla glue
  • to make your's just like mine also pick up a fence post top. Sand, and paint to match the tea cup.
  • now go to your local thrift store and search out some nice tea cups. In my case I scored and found 2 matching cups and saucers
  • lightly sand the bottom of each cup, the inside and the bottom of the saucer
  • Glue the tea cup to it's saucer. 
  • I attached the fence post top to the spiral garden stake with  three cable straps
  • now, glue the tea cup to the top of the fence post top, fill with bird seed , and voila!
Of course you will have to watch out for those pesky squirrels, Cardinals, Blue Jays and other big birds  as this is a rather delicate bird feeder. You could fill it with water instead of bird seed for a wee bird bath, which might be interesting. Either way it looks lovely in your garden and just another craft to use up all those inherited (or not) tea cups!


TTFN

No comments: