My Blog List

Saturday, February 27, 2010

I Can Do It!

I can do it! I know it kinda silly, especially to the more empowered members of our sex, but I'm rather proud of myself!!! Two weeks ago I manage to add air to the front tire of my car, this week I managed to open the hood and add much needed washer fluid. Ok, ok, I still haven't pumped gas yet - I guess that will be my next milestone, and yes, I needed help opening the jug of washer fluid, but none-the-less progress is being made! Woohoo!
Another woohoo - I have a partner for a challenge. We've challenged each other to complete last year's Bunny Hill A Tisket A Tasket basket BOM. I'm already behind, my partner Christine R was working on block one at last Thursday's group, so I have to hurry up and get the first two completed by April 1st while she only needs to complete one. I think I'll suggest we do another two in April to bring us on track with the "block-o-month".
I love applique, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem for me. However it does force me to work on two projects at the same time. Speaking of which, the Country Vegetables are almost complete. One block to go for the applique then the embroidery.... stay tuned! Did I show-n-brag about my latest acquisitions at the Quilt store? All but the batik at the bottom are Robyn Pandolph's newest Canadian Cottage line. Very pretty.
And lastly, here's the pile of vintage purses, gloves and hats ready and waiting for the antiques dealer to come. Wish me luck, hope she interested in all of it and takes it all away. No, it's not my entire collection, but a substantial portion. Downsizing is inevitable and cleansing.
TTYL


No comments: