My Blog List

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Winter Wonderland ...

Winter has arrived - all in one weekend! Our hiatus from winter is over :( . I've been stuck in my home for 5 days now.  Cold weather alerts and tons of snow! But the sun is out, and that makes the snow so pretty.  I have plenty of groceries, I always stock up in winter just for this type of weather, and I have lots and lots of sewing to do. No parental duties this weekend so I didn't have to go out. I just put a roast in the crock pot and a spice cake in the oven. I have prepped 6 POTC Lucy Boston blocks and have 2 more to prep, so I should be good for another week ;). No wait, I have to go back to work on Tuesday, Monday being the  "Family Day holiday.
Yes, there is a car under all that snow - you can just see the tail lights and the passenger side tires ! Speaking of family, my nephews are coming over today/tomorrow to clean off the car and dig me out. Phew lucky me :)! The condo corp has plowed and done the sidewalks, but they don't clean off your car, darn it! And to make this snow weekend complete, I enjoyed a Vikings (season 3) marathon yesterday - Yeah Ragnar, and Rollo and Floki and Lagertha and Bjorn - Yeah Vikings season 4 starts Thursday!
 
And of course I finished another POTC block ..... here it is
Let's just hope this weather doesn't stick around, or make a repeat appearance! Even our guild meeting was cancelled this week - and that just doesn't happen! I'm sooooo ready for spring.
So, this week's word is:
Hesternal - of or pertaining to yesterday, as in I want to go back to our earlier no snow weather ....
TTFN

No comments: