My Blog List

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Ok, winter can end any time now ....

It's official, I have the winter blahs .... although this winter has been relatively mild, for me it can end any time now! I sure am tired of getting up in the dark (5:45) and leaving the house at 7 am! I am tired of not going to things I want to attend (movies, guild meetings, great niece's birthday party) because it's either too cold or I'm too tired and worn out. :( woe is me ....  Alright, enough of my pity party, sorry about that, It's Sunday, a day of rest. The sun isn't out but the Squirrels are. They're having a picnic on my patio, enjoying the apples I've left out for which ever critter wants/finds them.
This week was my great niece's 2nd birthday and I found the perfect book for her
Here's the Amazon write up
The incredibly intricate and vivid illustrations in this book are details of a modern quilt inspired by Sibylle von Olfers' classic storybook Mother Earth and Her Children. This vibrant new translation, in turn inspired by the quilt, explores the changing of the seasons and delicately touches upon the circle of life. When Mother Earth calls her children to prepare for spring, the earthly children yawn and stretch before they busy themselves with beautification. They dust off the bumblebees, scrub the beetles, paint bright new coats on the ladybugs, and rouse the caterpillars from their cocoons. Bedecked with new blossoms, the children emerge from the earth and become spring flowers that frolic through the summer and autumn, until the leaves begin to fall and they return to Mother Earth, bringing the weary bugs and beetles back to their winter refuge.
How perfect is that? A lovely picture book for a lovely little girl, based on a lovely quilt :)
Happy Birthday Claire!
 So, just in case you think my winter blahs stopped me from sewing, nooooo.  I tried real hard to get  out of my funk. Here are last week's POTC Lucy Boston blocks!
Love the sunshine yellow in this one, and
this one is not quite as bright, but still not my usual dark/black/grey.
This week's word:
Chtonical - in under or beneath the earth - subterranean.
As in I have been feeling chtonical all week!



No comments: