My Blog List

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Soup's On!

Yup, that's right, I'm making soup .... Chicken noodle to be exact. Not terribly easy this week as I wrecked my back somehow late last week so I'm bent over double at the moment . Am living on tylenol and a heated rice bag :(. None-the-less yesterday still had to do the mater thing (taxi her to the hair dresser, brunch, groceries, bank). May have to make a run to the grocery store myself as I'm out of Parmesan cheese for my spaghetti tonight -  can't have that! Got some of my Fall decorations out, not too many, just not in the mood yet.

Hope to make pumpkin bread this afternoon for the folks at work - love the smell of something baking - Yummmmm. Maybe that will help me get in the Thanksgiving mood.
Managed to get one more POTC block completed - yeah. Got this fabric in Tillsonburg @ Cherished Pieces, part of her Civil War collection. Thought I would "plan" my POTC blocks and use one line of fabrics. For those who read my blog - that hasn't happened! I was/am too addicted to the blocks to use just one line of fabrics, and having too much fun using up scraps creatively. Will probably continue along as I'm going now and see how it works out. May have to make lots more blocks than needed in order to get a nice finished product, but who cares right?
Anyway, back to this block. Not my favourite, In fact I'm rather disappointed. The fabric had lots of movement in it so I was expecting good things, but the pattern(s) are too big for my honeycombs. Oh well, there's always this week's POTC block to come!
TTFN





No comments: