My Blog List

Sunday, September 06, 2015

Summer's over :(

It's labour day weekend so summer is officially over :(. That also means - they're back (University students) !!! Ugh. My sister joined us and we took the mater clothes shopping on Friday, had the most fun picking  out a new outfit for great grand daughter Claire! Go figure. My sister also took the mater for her Saturday hair/brunch/grocery/pharmacy shopping tour, so I'm having a mini holiday before facing the gauntlet @ work - YEAH !
My addiction to POTC blocks hasn't fizzled out. Last week I showed you this unfinished block and promised to show you the fabric of origin. It's all put together now and I'm pleased with how it turned out. This week's stitching included 2 more POTC blocks ...
The one on the right and the one on the left are new this week. All three come from the same piece of fabric. Just goes to show you how different they can turn out, which of course is all part of the fascination of fussy cutting POTC blocks!!
Spent time yesterday machine quilting the last of the McKenna Ryan cat triptych. Hoping to get them done and bound in time for our Guild meeting on Thursday - starting the new year off with a bang! Wish me luck!!
TTFN

No comments: