My Blog List

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Win Win Win :)

My quilt guild does a draw for fat quarters and a door prize at every meeting. Well, I've been a member for close to 15 years and never won the door prize, and rarely win even a fat quarter :(. Last year at the last meeting of the year I finally won the door prize. Wellllll, guess what - I won again :) :). First meeting of the year and I won Nocturne - a kit with 3 packs of Moda 6" triangles (80 in a pack), the pattern and the backing - woohoo!! Nice win eh! Thanks to Judy Balint from Cornerstone Quilts who donated this prize. This will take a while to get done as I have soooo  many UFOs on my list.
My second win of the week was home grown. I made an arrangement with one of the teenagers in my complex - he can park (for free) in my "spare" parking spot in exchange for taking my garbage to the curb each week - woohoo! May not seem like a big deal for most of you lucky readers who have garbage pickup @ the end of your drive. In my complex we have to drag it uphill to the street! I figure that's a win win for both of us :)
The mater had a perm this Sat so the wait @ the hairdresser was longer than usual. That's ok as I have discovered this is a great place/time to piece together more POTC blocks. Here's the latest - I'm so addicted.
I finished the binding on my 2 McKenna Ryan cats, and showed them at guild. I'm not fussy with the picture our guild blog has of me (ok, don't go running over to the LFQG blog just to see it). I'm never comfortable with pics of myself :(.  Right now the hangings are on my bulletin board at work, so I'll have to take the camera into work to get a good pic of them - stay tuned!
That's all for this week, but September sure has started off well:)
TTFN


No comments: