My Blog List

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Summer's here - YEAH!


Last week was a "reverse week" for me. I had 5 days off work, 2 days of work, hence  a reserve week. LUVed IT! I could definitely handle lots more like that :) Did the lunch thing with mother and a friend,  and did some antique shopping. I got this lovely pin tray. Serendipitously it matches the syrup pitcher I picked up years ago at a lawn sale :) Don't ya just love it when this happens ?
Got an email from my niece who wants me to add some spaghetti straps to a new sun dress. Of course this necessitated a wee trip to the fabric store (FL) where luck would have it they still have their infamous 50% off sale - woohoo!
I'm in love with polka dots and B&W so the bottom fabric was a no brainer, the top fabric I'm thinking maybe the the corner elongated hexies for my Lucy Boston POTC.  If  that doesn't work out - who cares! - they were $5/meter = another WooHoo!
Can you take another Woohoo? I finished - yes I said FINISHED my Judy Niemeyer Wild Flowers !!! Are you ready ?
Now I just have to decide how it should be quilted - machine or by hand. That decision will determine who will quilt it! Maybe, just maybe I can start my Lucy Boston at the end of the month! Wish me luck !
TTFN




No comments: