My Blog List

Monday, June 29, 2015

Mini Vacation!

Hi there ! I've been enjoying a mini vacation from work and got so busy I forgot to blog!!

Remember this one?  I know - it's been awhile!! It's a Judy Niemeyer pattern called "Wild Flowers" which I clipped from Quilt Works Today,  Aug/Sept 2004. I sat  on this pattern for a looooong time as the paper piecing aspect intimidated me. Well, a year ago I finally screwed up my courage and made the arcs (pic on left), then put them together (right).

Then I started making borders which involved making flying geese - another "technique" which has always intimidated me ... don't know why. Over the winter I applique flowers, but only off-and-on, - more off than on ;).

BUT - Tada! This weekend I finished appliqueing the flowers - woohoo!! Now to finish it I will applique "falling leaves" in strategic spots. Oh, and the centres for 3 of those flowers. Then the big question will be - hand quilting or off to the machine quilter ?

 Also this weekend my favourite quilt store had a great Canada Day Sale. I know what you're thinking - Canada Day isn't until Wednesday! Yeah well, any excuse for a sale - right?
 I promised myself I wouldn't buy ANY fabric this year - but saw these lovelies and thought of my upcoming Lucy Boston POTC (which I hope to start on my official summer vacation later in July).
HAPPY CANADA DAY !

No comments: