My Blog List

Sunday, July 12, 2015

I'm a Plumber ! Woohoo!

 I knew the powder room loo wasn't flushing properly, but didn't clue in until Friday night after work. Glad I looked as the brass lever disintegrated in my hand as I was examining the inner workings ... So Saturday morning off I went to local hardware store and guessed I was making the correct purchase. Once I figured out the "left hand" nut, I'm in business - Woohoo I'm a plumber!
Next stop was the quilt store to pick up just the right thread so I can start hand quilting my "Wild Flowers". Couldn't persuade my quilting friend to quilt it for me, :(, I understand her reluctance - she's newish to machine quilting, but she is doing such great work !! So it's hand quilting for me! I know, said I was "done" with this one, but after looking at it on the design wall I decided I needed to move one of the stems and add a few more leaves. Glad I did (can you see the difference?)
Last weekend my favourite local quilt store, Cornerstone Quilts and More, had a sale. On top of the 35% off she also gave back a gift certificate of 10% of the value of your purchase. Consequently I got my thread, and FINALLY some wonder clips, which everyone has been ranting about, using last week's gift from her. Thanks Judy!

A colleague at work lent me this book months ago. I'm a slow reader as I tend to only read in the summer on the patio, and this summer so far has been dull, rainy and chilly. None-the-less, just finished Life After Life, and I highly recommend it! Of course now I'm in that awful what to read next stage :(
TTFN



No comments: