My Blog List

Sunday, January 25, 2015

January is almost over!!

January is almost over - woohoo! It's my least favourite month of the year. For me it's 6 weeks between pay cheques, usually very cold and snowy and dark. All in all I'm just not a fan. But, February is coming and this year I think I'll be ready !
Last week's hexies are all together now and the top is made. Today maybe a quilting day, then again  maybe not! I spent the last week soaking/cleaning most of my linens ..... 26 doilies, at least 2 dozen linen napkins, miscellaneous tea cloths and table runners and a dozen or so cotton/linen hand towels.
I used this product which I purchased from Soft Impressions by Lisa one of the vendors who visited our guild in November. I wasn't convinced it would work, but did drag up the enameled wash basin from the basement . Well, this product does work so fortunately/unfortunately I now have A LOT of ironing to do!
I took Friday off to have a 3 day weekend. It seemed like a good plan .... I spent the day house cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping and a visit with the pater and his partner. They got a flat screen TV for Christmas, so I was asked to hook up the cable for the "old" TV in the basement. Got the TV hooked up and found the remote, so now he can watch TV in his Dad's den!
Saturday was a full day starting with picking up my nephew's winter coat he wants mended, then picked up the mater and off to her hair appointment. Brunch next door then grocery shopping, pharmacy, post office, delivering her groceries to her place then back to my home.  I cooked us a roast beef dinner in the crock pot -  yummm. A couple of TV shows and a wee visit then back out in the cold to take the mater home. I have to admit I was tired by the time I got home .
Today the sun is out and I'm busy baking muffins and boiling eggs for next week's lunches. Dare I say it - I'm looking forward to going back to work so I can relax! Ha ha ha.

How's you're week been?
TTFN

No comments: