My Blog List

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Hexies Mojo ...

Well, I have  rediscovered my quilting mojo. After my Christmas sewing marathon last Fall I rather  lost interest in any sewing /quilting. But I have found it again  and the pic below was/is my inspiration!
So, dear readers, you all know I have lots of Owl fabric leftover from the Whoo Loves you Baby quilt I made almost one year ago. This fabric is so pretty, but what's a girl to do with it? I didn't want to make another Owl Baby quilt and I have already used some making Claire the Amish puzzle ball. Hmmmm.
So, I dug up my printouts from the Fairies & Fibres blog, an excellent source btw of  EPP (English Paper Piecing) information and for inspiration, and my leftover Owl fabric, and ....
this is what I made last night while watching The King's Speech. I used 1.5 " hexagons templates from moxieideas.com and printed them on card stock. Thought I should start my hexie journey with something not too small or complicated. These hexies were fussy cut - warning ladies, fussy cutting wastes lots of fabric, but the results are nice!
Ok, now I get it  - the great hexie addiction affecting so many quilters out there. I know of  two women in my guild who are now doing Hexies. Here's a link to Cathy S who is doing the Giant  Monstrosity Quilt project, also from Fairies and Fibres. Fortunately (?) I'm not that ambitious - oh, what am I saying ! Did I not buy the Lucy Boston Points of the Cross book and start cutting 2000 elongated hexies? Haven't I also bought myself a Hex n More ruler ?
Yes, I'm crazy. Stayed tuned for more of the fun!!





P.S. What would a blog entry be without a pic of my tree ? Well, we survived another first week of January with another day of snow squalls ....

No comments: