My Blog List

Monday, September 29, 2014

Guess Who Came to Tea !

It's Miss Claire Elyse Tiemessen, looking so well dressed in her denim skirt with polka dots and all of 7 months!! This past weekend was so lovely - a perfect fall weekend, so I decided to have the family over to celebrate. Well, only the girls arrived, but that's ok - we had fun!
I made a pumpkin spice cake (check my pinterest for the recipe), red berry juice, some real nice Fall napkins mother brought and some Hydrangeas from my front garden (in for the winter) finished off the table, and I finally got to use one of my many china vases! Needless to say, Claire was the most popular girl at the party. She is totally fascinated by her great grandma :) Claire is almost crawling, and I'll bet she will be by the next time we see her. What fun to watch this young one grow :)
In case you think this is all I did ..... no, I managed to get the binding on the latest Christmas table topper. Overall I'm pleased with the end product
Saturday I spent most of the day on the patio and in the garden - almost have them ready for ol'man winter (shhhh). Here's a quick pic of the glass flower my cousin in Sarnia makes. I've put it in an old sap bucket filled with sand.
I think it will look nice on the patio next summer - oh ouch, that hurt to say. As much as I love the Fall with all the colours, I hate to say goodbye to summer.
TTFN




No comments: