My Blog List

Sunday, July 20, 2014

I'm so excited ...

So, I have been procrastinating BIG TIME on this project as I just didn't want to tackle paper piecing.  I got the fabric cut a couple of weeks ago, but somehow just couldn't face my fear of PP (paper piecing). I know I know - it's easy say all the PP aficionados. Yeah - right! Well, I admit to some degree of dyslexia, and PP makes me insane, or at least getting started with PP makes me intensely anxious :( .
Well, I am so proud of myself and excited - LOOK WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED YESTERDAY  :)
Yeah, I know - no big deal, don't laugh. It took me 3 1/2 hours, 2 were thrown out, and only 4 episodes of unsewing .... but I accomplished it -  all by myself, I didn't even resort to the Internet! I now have one as an example so the next 11 which should go faster - lets hope so anyway. Wish me luck!!
One more week @ work then 3 weeks vacation. YEAH. Lots on the old TO DO list. but I hope to get the sewing for this wall hanging completed. I'm on the last borders for "Sticks and Stones", that's the name I've decided on for this lap quilt, so it should be finished real soon.  Shhhhh, it's a secret retirement present for a colleague ,)


 TTFN




No comments: