My Blog List

Sunday, November 04, 2012

Woohoo! Spending a rare Sunday at home - not going out - not answering the phone, but not totally unplugged ;) After blogging and catching up on FB will spend the rest of today in the sewing room. Have a couple of place mats to make. Our guild donates holiday place mats to Meals on Wheels.
 
I have 2 half made "Christmasy"place mats from last year ... lovely red Poinsettia fabric with machine made lace panels appliqued in the centre. Then, since I had one orphan twister block , in blues, and my local fabric store had some great blue & white Star of David fabric - on sale - well, could I resist making a third place mat for those who celebrate their own holidays? Will show you completed pic next week!
Parting pic of my beautiful red maple which is quickly loosing all it's foliage ;( . Sad to see it go, but enjoying the colour! Have a great week everyone ...
TTFN


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful thing to make the place mats for meals on wheels. They look lovely too by the way.