My Blog List

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Happy Summer!

On my way home from my financial adviser meeting I decided to stop in at the new Goodwill outlet - you know, just to see what I might score ....
There was a lovely set of 8 Johnson Brother plates, I purchased the best 2 - love the floral centers, the yellow borders and the gold trim! Then I found this fab wicker basket .... I plan to use as a sewing basket when I travel to our Stitch-n-Bitch - opps, I mean Quilting Get-togethers ;)
Silly me managed to miss last weekend's 50% off sale ;(;( but still managed to score some fabric this week at the local fabric store, also on sale (40% - not bad) At the top next to the basket is a coral to use as sashings for the black & coral spinning 4 patches (S4P), the dark green in the bottom left will be an inner border for the burgandy S4P (original fabric on top), and on the right is a hot pink  backing then a lovely lime green (sorry the pic isn't good colourwise) to use as an inner border. Yes, I will have to unsew the borders in order to insert the lime green, but I think it will be worth it. It's raining this morning so I'm inside blogging - hope to hit the patio real soon and will engage in the unsewing then!
Happy summer everyone .....
TTYL

No comments: