My Blog List

Sunday, July 25, 2010

A time of My Own ! Woohoo!

Well, it's FINALLY summer vacation time - phew. There were times when I really didn't think I would make it. But now its here and I'm thrilled to finally have some time to myself. Above is the completed remake of the "baby" quilt. Three weeks of intense work, some guesses and several unique work arounds .... but it's done.
My garden is once again in bloom - this time it's the Rose of Sharon. I now understand what everyone has been talking about all these years. It's such a thrill to see something you've planted thrive and blossom. I"m really getting a kick out of it. The ones in the far back are purple, and the bush tucked under the Maple are all white with dark red centres. I shall enjoy them for as long as they last!
As you can imagine my To Do list for my summer vacation is HUGE and likely way too ambitious. None-the-less I well on my way through at least the housekeeping items ... Might as well get them done while I have energy and will power. Luckily it has cooled down today and I can open the windows and doors for some fresh air. AC is great when you need it ....

TTFN Hope your summer holidays are going great!

No comments: