My Blog List

Friday, August 21, 2009

White Sparrow


So as I'm pulling out of the driveway on my way to work the other day I noticed an all white Sparrow. I mean white, as in Albino white, as in the absence of colour, as in no colour at all! I've never seen an albino bird before. True, I've seen white Egrets, white Seagulls, white Swans and even some white Pigeons,  but never a white Sparrow. Although perfectly reasonable it was unexpected and the vision caught me off guard, made me smile at nature and started my day perfectly. There's something about the marvels of an unexpected wonder that just makes you smile, at least it did for me...

So, dear readers take heed.  I must warn you that I've taken it into my head to redesign Idle Hands ... Empty Brain ... Not that there's anything wrong with the blog, but frankly I'm a bit tired of the header, font colours, etc and feel the need for a facelift. Of course, this is in lieu of moving furniture around at home, and oh, BTW I'm in between quilt projects at the moment and can't decided what to work on next ... Suggestions anyone????
My first attempt at editing resulted only in a change of photo in the header ... but after more investigation and upgrading of  my online skills hopefully will result in something more individual and creative. Wish me luck .... as most of my creativity this activity is still limited to after work hours (I still don't have personal online access, but am in negotiations with the dear pater - wish me luck on that front also ...)
Iris has christened the new chair
TTFN

No comments: