My Blog List

Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend of Firsts !

Well, it was a weekend of firsts! Friday evening Simone, the sweet but untouchable kitty - I believe her new name should be Simone the inscrutable Siamese, came downstairs and played with mummy. Didn't last long, only a few minutes, but none-the-less a really good sign.

Saturday I finally got the Steam mop put together. Nothing like a whole lotta procrastinating .... I've only had the thingee for oh about 4-6 weeks! Anyway, I spent the afternoon searching all over the house for my favourite screwdriver, finally found it right where I last left it ... erggggg, then put the blasted thingee together only to discover the wonders of steam mopping your floors. Woohoo! Try it - you'll like it!
Later that same day whilst decompressing on the wee patio I glimpsed my first butterfly of the season - WooHoo! Oh the joys of having a garden, no matter how small. I also managed to complete mother's birthday present, a door hanging. I spent over a week attempting to find a suitable border fabric, but none of the colours worked - at least in my eyes ... so I chose to go with no border just a binding. Finally finished the hand quilting and got it bound.
Sunday I baked a rhubarb crumble from scratch ... ok, ok, I know that's not something one usually brags about .... but I'm not domestic - never have been. So, this was a milestone! Thanks L for the rhubarb!!!

TTFN




P.S. Simone the inscrutable Siamese came down for breakfast this morning!!! Another first. Maybe this will be a week of first?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fabulous progress on all fronts! Talent and perseverance do pay off. Woo-Hoo!!