My Blog List

Monday, June 08, 2009

Green Eyed Monster

So, sweetiepie Simone has returned home, and the proverbial green eyed monster has reared it's ugly head. Amazing! She was only gone for a day and a half ... but Iris (not so sweetiepie) decided the house was hers!!! Simone is currently cowering under the bed in the spare room as mommy won't let her in the basement. Perhaps this is a good thing as she needs time to be quiet and heal, and I'd rather have her on a floor I frequent where I can at least talk to her, albeit from another room.
I have a friend coming over tonight to help me with Simone as I need to remove the medication patch from her right shoulder --- update, update - Dinner went off without a hitch, but getting hold of Ms Untouchable was another story .... to be expected mommy now has several puncture wounds/swollen fingers and a sore arm from the necessary Tetanus shot. Friend went home unscathed (luckily) and poor Simone has retired to hiding behind the quilt stand in the spare bedroom. When she eventually re-appears will let blogland know. Here's hoping she doesn't hold permanent grudges!
On the craft front ... I've made major progress on mother's door hanging over the weekend - BTW wasn't it a glorious weekend? Lots of time on the patio stitching and stitching and stitching. I also managed to make it out to one of our local Quilt stores which is closing it's first location in favour of the second, and consequently had a 50% off sale!

Yes ladies, you read correctly I said 50% off!!! Now I know this goes against the grain (pardon the pun) 'cause I vowed to buy no more fabric until all my UFOs were completed (yeah - right) ... but then again, 50 % off! The catch 22 was that you couldn't ask for a fat quarter cut you "had" to buy a meter - oh hardship!! So, with patterns in hand for my next major applique project (see below) I dutifully spent dollars and got myself all supplied up! Wish me luck!!!
Maggie Walker's Cats in the Garden
TTFN

No comments: