My Blog List

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Happy Fall!

So I saved a few things from the old homestead, and glad I did as it makes a nice tablescape for the Fall. The leaves are starting to turn colours so I went for a wee drive this afternoon. Lovely to get out & about. Lots of fun and activity since my last post. Claire has started school, and loves it!
Thanksgiving has come and gone, but I missed the trip to Len's Mills and our evening guild meeting as I was not feeling the best. Have learned to take it very easy when my body tells me to :(. This week coming is William's 2nd birthday.
I wanted to buy him a trunk, he's truck crazy right now,  but didn't get out to shop for that either :(. Also this week I anticipate a visit from a friend & hopefully may retrieve some of my crazy quilt patches which I hope to make into door hangings. Our guild's quilt show is at the end of the week and I am soooo looking forward to it and to shopping @ the vendors booths (not that I need anything!)
I promised myself I would start working on my Canada 150 quilt in Oct. Well, it's the middle of the month and  I haven't opened the sewing machine yet ;(. Got to get myself in gear or it will never get done! Ha ha ha, what can you do, although I admit to still be working on my Lucy Boston - the bottom half is now officially done, and I have just 3 connector blocks to finish the top. Then join the two halves and applique a border and it will be ready for quilting. Ohhhh, the end is in sight!
TTFN

No comments: