My Blog List

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Quilt Show !

So this weekend was my guild's quilt show and I have to start off with this Canada 150 quilt made by Jacqui. I've been wondering how I was going to put the blocks together on my version - sashing/no sashing/what colour, etc. I'm really liking her use of black, but think I may go for a dark charcoal rather than a true black. Lovely quilt Jacqui - thanks for the inspiration!

Always loved this pattern of community in the round. Thought her use of background colour was interesting.


This one block wonder with a panel in the middle is another one of Jacqui's. She's so creative! Lovely mix of colours. Gives me more ideas for that OBW project I have in the back of my mind;)

Some more inspiration with the layout of this Dresden Plate - almost modern :). Uh huh - liking it!

Lorna did a fabulous job with her Dresden layout also, and of course I love her use of colour, she's known for that talent ! The white spokes in the plates are Canada 150 fabrics :).

Here's another of Lorna's works (least I think it is her's) this time with hexies! Yowza!!





A couple of kids quilts from Beth. So whimsical. Too bad my kids quilts days are over as I so love this pattern. If you look close you'll
see they are not identical. I think Beth had fun making these ;)

Another whimsical quilt - from Barb I think. Again, love the colours !

A B&W One Block Wonder. Geeze these are beautiful quilts, and the orange border really makes it pop!

Not sure who's  sampler quilt this is. I usually don't like sampler quilts but thought this was an effective use of B&Wand love the piano key border!


And rest your eyes on this lovely Taupe wonder by Linda. She's really into Yoko Saito's patterns and makes such gorgeous quilts!
Must finish off with this beauty, one of three displayed at the show. This lady (sorry don't know her name, she's newish to the guild) does marvelous fabric art landscapes on board.
Hope you enjoyed a few of my picks from our LFQG's Quilts For All Seasons 2018 quilt show!
TTFN

No comments: