My Blog List

Sunday, August 05, 2018

Tsundoku

I learned a new word this week ......
This totally describes me pre-move!! Little did I know there was an actual word for it ! Having been convinced by friends and family that I would not have room for all my books, I got rid of 3-4 boxes of tomes, some (most?) I had not yet read. So I guess I fit the term Tsundoku quite well. It's summer so I'm reading a bit, mornings and before bed, so I may just catch up on all those intended reads yet! I am currently reading Jude the Obscure, and prior to that Deafening by Francis Itani. Lets just hope, having given away more than 1/2 of my library that I don't run out of good reading material.  Guess I'll need to make a trip to the local second hand book shop where you can get good lit at good prices :).
Next week it's celebration time. It's my 65th this month and I'm taking a leaf from dear papa's book and throwing my own Bday party. My friends were so good to help me with the move and I owe them an evening of fine dining, so that's celebration #1. I'm hosting the Sew What's group the next day, and that will be a first at the new digs! We'll see how it all works out, We'll gather in the "Queens Kitchen" a communal room on the first floor, and two of the ladies who haven't yet hosted are bringing the goodies; celebration #2. And to end the week my sister has promised  a weekend BBQ, celebration #3. I think I deserve it!! Pics to follow.
I've been working diligently on the connector blocks for the last rows of my Lucy Boston POTC. I miscalculated and ran out of the black fabric I was using in the connectors so had to lay the whole thing out on the floor (OH HOW I MISS MY DESIGN WALL!) to determine how many were missing. The coffee table makes a pretty good substitute cutting table, and the mats are hidden under the couch - see, I knew what I was doing with that  slipcover ;). The next big hurdle will be to discover if my "sewing centre" will work for me. Built over 4 shelf units  it looks good, holds my "stuff" but appears to be a bit high. I may have to get a stool to sit on.  We'll see. I have to admit, although I am missing several  items that have gone bye bye,  I am not regretting any of my decisions to let those things go. I have all I need and this place is filled but not stuffed beyond capacity.
TTFN

No comments: