My Blog List

Sunday, August 23, 2015

I'm hooked!


I'm hooked ! absolutely addicted !! I have to admit I have done nothing else this past week! Looks like I'm a Lucy Boston POTC (Points of the Cross) addict!!! Aren't they lovely? (yes, I'm biased).
This one started out with a light blue hexie and a different green. So glad I decided to change them ou. Do you agree?
This black one was last week. It was my first "fussy" cut and my first stripe. Not bad but I will have to do some more experimenting. Interestingly, when I was collecting fabrics for this quilt I went with black, red, grey and white reproduction like fabrics. so far my blocks haven't really been in that theme. Ah well, I'm having fun and that's what counts. I may have to copy/cut more hexies - oh no!!
My garden is surviving - well sort of .... My lavender burnt to a crisp last week in all that heat/humidity :(, but my Hibiscus is coming into bloom so I'm happy :). Hope the lavender comes back to life next season , got my fingers crossed.
First week back to work = so so. Can't say I'm happy to be back at work, I could very easily not have returned, but good to be back into a routine. Enjoying the dog days of summer - lots of sunshine and today it's just right - sunny, warm but no humidity = yeah!!
TTFN


No comments: