My Blog List

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pow!

Summer has arrived! Spring  is over ! Pow! It happened so fast I barely got a chance to enjoy Spring and now the heat and humidity are here :(.  The Forsythia has gone from brilliant yellow to green and both trees in the back have popped their leaves. The Bumble bees will soon make an appearance to get the nectar from the Caragana flowers. The nephew is coming over next weekend to help me put out the patio furniture just in time so I can sit outside and enjoy this season on my week off. YEAH! I am soooo looking forward to having some time away from work.
I've got some of my cooking mojo back and tried a new soup recipe last week - Russian cabbage roll soup. Verdict = YUMMMMMM. It made way more than I could eat in a week of lunches. I was afraid  it would not freeze well, so took some over to the nephew who also pronounced it Yummmmmy.
Still working on my May flowers wall/door hanging. Almost finished quilting the white background. Plan on doing some quilting in the borders, probably just follow the circles in the fabric. Hope to have enough done for Show-n-Tell @ guild this week.

TTFN



No comments: