My Blog List

Sunday, August 18, 2013

The end of Summer Staycation :(

Well, it's been busy and fun and the weather was great. I can't say it was overly relaxing, but that's ok.
I did manage to get into the sewing room and create - or at least start a few projects. I made myself a new lunch bag - oh yeah. Not my pattern - check out Pink Penquin .
I still  have a wee bit of the cupcake fabric and the brown w blue dot fabric.  I wonder what else I can make ? hmmmmm Ok, how about a quilted cozy for my travel mug using the same brown I used for the lunch bag lining.
Oh, and I finally got a wall hanging started that I've been want to make since the spring ....
As you can see I had a little trouble with the right side, and have re-sewn it to ensure the B&W stripe doesn't have that wobble in it. Oh, and in case you're wondering, the missing letters are missing for a reason, a big Bumble Bee will be appliqued in the centre as soon as I figure out how best to applique the organza wings! Stay tuned ... (pattern from American Quilter May 2013).

Much of my staycation was taken up with visiting retirement homes with the pater. It was nice to spend time with father dearest , I guess this is a chore which must be done;. Maybe we are close to a decision. It was also birthday time, so lots of family dinners, lunches and cake ! We are ending my staycation with a trip to Sarnia for the annual family picnic!
But, just in case you think it was a true staycation .... NOT! There was a road trip with some of my quilty friends. We drove down to Waterford taking the back roads and geocached along the way. In Waterford we discovered a fun cafe for lunch, spent our fortunes at their quilt shop Quilt Junction, and did some antiquing, then geocached our way home! What a terrific day!!
I can't show you what I bought as it will be a surprise in March. Suffice it to say, my only niece has announced she is expecting and would like a gender neutral Owl baby quilt. Well, I've been quilting for over 35 years (YIKES!) and I just bought my very first quilt kit !! Ok, I also bought some hexie templates, but that's not an exciting pic. Yes, I'm going to join the hexie craze - someday, if I ever get all my other projects completed. HA Ha ha!!!
That's all for now, how was your summer vacation/staycation ?
TTFN

No comments: