My Blog List

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Yeah ! a sunny Sunday :)

I'm so thrilled - it's sunny yeah!! It's been so long since we've seen the sun I was beginning to think we'd never see it! None-the-less, my faith in the sun has been restored :). Last weekend was a long weekend and a couple of friends and I travelled a short way out of town to the first of the season quilt shows. Of course we stopped at the local quilt shop where I bought this beautiful leave fabric. At first I did not have anything in particular in mind, but then the light bulb went off!  The Pater's 85th birthday is this weekend. We had been discussing the idea of having water bottles in the car/with him when he goes travelling/walking.So, I whipped up two quilted water bottle carriers, bought a couple of re-usable water bottles and voila! the perfect birthday gift for someone who has everything!

I somehow managed to finish off the Sunflowers for Meesta , Carol Armstrong's cat name, not mine, I haven't named the cats on this quilt yet. I'm very proud of the Sunflowers and would like to think they had some part in bringing today's sunshine ..... but then again, what would explain yesterday's snow flurries? Now I have to decided which block/cat to do next, and what flowers . Any suggestions?
TTFN

No comments: