My Blog List

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Inspiration ....

I realized as I was wrapping my holiday gifts that I didn't show you the last of the purse covers. I really like 
this brown/turquoise paisley fabric. And here is the reverse side! Ive used this floral before, for summer purses. This time it goes with a dark brown purse. Hope the recipient likes it :) .....
Since we are a divided family, I've already had one holiday gift exchange. Timely for me as the $ given were quickly spent yesterday at our local quilt fabric store, Cornerstone Quilts, which was having a sale! Yeah - sales are GOOOD.

I haven't felt like sewing/quilting lately. Instead I have been going thru all my Q magazines and printouts, sorting and tossing out, and in general getting inspired for the new year. Anyway, look what I found!  This is a semi quilt top made from left over blocks from a cobblestone workshop approximately 3-4 years ago. After the quilt was done I  randomly put the left over blocks together. Periodically I would dig it out and add a border or two. Anyway, I have finally decided who I should give this to, and how I would like to finish it up .... so off the the Q store for some fabric to add 2-3 more borders, or possibly some more blocks then a border or two, who knows! I'm improvising ;) Wish me luck ...
TTFN

No comments: