My Blog List

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Summer vacation with Maxine ;)

Ok, not really, this is me with my step mother and father on our mini vacation to Niagara-on-the-Lake, but honestly, doesn't she look like Maxine to you?? Not bad for 90 and 85 respectively (no I won't tell you how old I am!). It was an enjoyable trip, visits to a couple of winerys, a couple of plays (Come Back Little Sheba and Present Laughter), eating out and visiting. I even got to do some of the driving!
When I returned I spent some time organizing my house in prep for the ladies. Here's my table all set and ready for the quilt group. I made a Banana, Pineapple, Pecan coffee cake, and served a Cinamon coffee cake and fresh fruit. We had an enjoyable social evening and lots of laughs. To make room for all my plants I brought home from work, I had to move the cat tree to the living room window. On the right is a pic showing my new cellular blind (behind the star). This took a whole morning to install, but I'm happy with it and now all my windows have either a roman shade or a blind. Hopefully this should help cut the sun during those hot humid days.
 
Of course there was some shopping, err I mean antiquing during my vacation. And, yes, I managed to find some pieces of my china - 2 coffee "Cans". I think it's too weird that I always find these pieces in pairs ...Happy Birthday to me !!
 I also picked up a couple of crystal glasses - why ? to make tiered cake plates of course! Here you see my choice of plates, some are Czechoslavkian, some are Limoges, and some are English china.
Here they are all done! I'm happy with the gold one, but am thinking I might just add one more smaller plate to the blue one. Nothing to it ladies, just a wee bit of Gorilla glue, some candle holders or small wine glasses from the Goodwill and voila!
And finally, I finished a project!! I started to hand quilt it, doing X's in each block, then decided to finish it off with machine quilting around each block and free motion around the florals in borders. Got the binding all done last night, one spinning 4-patch down, another on the design wall now!
TTFN

1 comment:

regan said...

You've been having way too much fun! I'm so jealous! And your quilt is beautiful!