My Blog List

Sunday, December 04, 2011

Progress ...

Well, I can proudly report that I have successfully pumped gas for the second time and resolved the chirping smoke detector - woohoo, technology won't best me (least not this week;) ) Above are three postcards for the guild exchange using the leftover triangles from many of the blocks I made for THEE quilt. Nice to put them to use and not just toss these wee scraps, and I think they look pretty good even if I say so myself! !
On the left is the remade version of THEE quilt, and on the right is the first version. I felt the colours of the centre block and pinwheels were too insipid so I did some more unsewing and put them back together. Personally I think the second version works better! Now, here's hoping I have enough fabrics left to create the border, which extends the pattern and colour scheme. After the appliques I'm hoping I'll be hand quilting by January!
TTFN

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMAZING what a difference a little colour change makes. It looks wonderful!!!

regan said...

I like both versions very much.....it would have been hard for me to choose to unstitch! Can't wait to see the outer border! It's really coming along quickly, too.....way to go!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I like the remade version the best. Beautiful quilt!

michele said...

I like the second version best....I agree, the first is too muted. Is this a published pattern? I would be interested to know more about it.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I received one of those scrappy trees postcards! Thanks. Gail