My Blog List

Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's a Beautiful day in the Neighbourhood

Yesterday was dull and gray I spent the day sewing the blocks together with sashing. Still using the Robyn Pandolph Canadian Cottage fabrics. I did make a trip outside to take two boxes of "stuff" to the goodwill - finally. Now I'm trying to decide which fabric will be the backing and which will be the binding. What do you think? I'm leaning towards the turquoise for the binding. The backing will have to be pieced, as I'm only working with 1/2 meter lengths.
A few weeks ago I posted a tutorial on making what I call thimble holders. It's a FREE pattern, no copyright, but the intention of posting online was to SHARE with other sewers. Of course there's always someone out there that thinks this is now her license to make a bunch and sell them on Etsy. Tut Tut Tut, not playing fair! But what can I do? There's always someone!
TTFN

1 comment:

regan said...

You have a great blog...and I am planning on making the thimble holders for the 6 ladies in my quilting group. I have tons of beads and bobbles to hang from the end to make them extra pretty. Thanks for the instructions! And what's with all the 'borrowed' ideas on etsy? I guess everyone is out to make a buck! Sheesh!

Keep up the good work on your blog; I really enjoy it! Thanks!

Regan :o)