My Blog List

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thankful Thanksgiving

It's been a glorious weekend so far .... I've sat outside each day and the cats are revelling in the sunshine. For this I am thankful. I took an extra vacation day and made it a four day weekend, for this I am thankful. Thought I had a set up an outing for an out-of-town quilt show with a "friend" but she was a no-show so, spent my time productively and got the house cleaned and my remaining outside prep for winter work done. For this I am thankful. No wait - didn't finish my outside work as the screw that holds the umbrella has finally seized firmly in place and no amount of WD40 is going to budge it ... needed an extra pair of hands (being single does have some disadvantages). Guess I'll just pull a Scarlett O'Hara and "think about that tomorrow" ... the umbrella can stay outside until next Spring! The rest of the outside chores are done, including finally got my STAR firmly attached to the outside wall instead of hanging off the mailbox! For this I am thankful. Had homemade pumpkin muffins for breakfast this morning, for this I am thankful yummmm!
Got time in the sewing room once all the chores were done, for this I am thankful. Did some finish up work on my Halloween Witch and got my tree wall hanging completed - more machine quilting, this time with variegated thread. Found some Fall buttons, Maple and Oak leaves in just the right variety of colours! For this I am thankful. Now I need to get a postcard made for next week's guild meeting! Purchased McKenna Ryan's Holsteins Ahead pattern. The step mother asked me to make a baby quilt for her expectant grand daughter ... who is a bovine veterinarian. Thought I would surprise them with this added bonus! Should be fun! Hoping to use blocks from next week's guild workshop for the baby quilt. Off to the pater's today to once again show him some computer tricks. Tomorrow the mater comes for dinner (turkey breast not the whole bird). Lucky to have both parents still alive and kicking, for this I am thankful.

All in all not a bad long weekend. How was yours?

P.S. thankful I spent time house cleaning as the mater brought an unexpected guest for dinner! Also, the copious amount of WD40 I used last weekend did it's job and the patio umbrella is now safely stowed away for the winter!!!

No comments: