My Blog List

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another Breakthru!!

Another Simone breakthrough .... this past Sunday morning as I prepared breakfast Simone, who has become rather vocal when she wants her food, decided to rub up against my legs - you know how cats do, just to let me know that she's there and wanted her breakfast. WooHoo!, ok,ok, she is still reluctant to let me touch her ... but this was the first time she voluntarily touched me! Since then I have been engaging her in lots of interactive playing activities where I can get real close to her, and have managed to "pet" her three times this week. So it seems we are definitely making progress!

And speaking of cats, look what I found in my sewing room - long hidden in a box in the closet! I believe these cat applique blocks are at least 6-7 years old. So of course I had to allow them to see the light. The patterns can be located in Carol Armstrong's book Cats in Quilts. As you can see I spent an enjoyable Saturday afternoon arranging and re-arranging the different blocks until I had an arrangement I was pleased with. And, in keeping with my NY resolution I used some calico fabric from my stash as the sashing. Each block was completed on a different "neutral" background. And now I have 2 empty blocks - OH NO what to do ????

I guess I'll have to applique one more cat (for the empty centre block) and I think I'll try something embroideryish or something with a mouse or mice in the bottom left corner beside the Siamese.

Wish me luck!

TTFN

No comments: