My Blog List

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Generosity of Friends ...


So, for our friends at sea, and those who might wonder Does this woman have any friends left? YES, I am very happy to relay that I have many many friends, and most of them are very supportive, sensitive, thoughtful, and in this case very generous. I was recently overwhelmed with the gift of this fabulous Eastlake parlour table, which as you can see immediately received the place of honour in my front window! The time of its inaugural portrait was our Canadian Thanksgiving, hence the pumpkin decorations. I expect I will be auditioning several fine linens/crocheted tablecloths until I find just that perfect one! This could take months ... so expect a possible series of pics. How did she know ? How perfect for my room? How exquisite! How do I say thank you?
By bragging about it to everyone I know!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU !

I must admit I have been remiss in expressing my gratitude as at the time of the table receipt was also the occasion of adopting psycho Simone, my new 18 month Siamese/ragdoll cross. In hind sight I should have taken the more friendly Flamepoint Himalyana/Scottish Fold cross, but Simone was just so beautiful, and I hope will in the end be a better friend to Iris. No pics yet as psycho Simone is still hiding under the couch in the basement - we're going into week three now .... stay tuned - it's going to be a bumpy ride!

No comments: