My Blog List

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Taxes ! Arg !


Taxes - taxes - taxes. Have I told you that I'm math phobic? There must be a specific cognitive disability for those afflicted with the curse of numbers having no meaning . The larger the number the more meaningless it becomes, especially when the number is related to space, size or money! Oh, I can tell you that 5,000 is larger than 500, but it might as well be 5 mill or 5 gajillion. Comparisons I can make, but relating to big numbers is impossible. Perhaps that's why I'm a pointless person rather than a pointed person (quilt talk).

Anyway, its tax time and once again this year I challenge myself to do my own taxes. Many many, many years ago a sympathetic friend taught me the tricks of using the calculator. I simply do not understand the math of why I press .05 X some number in order to get a percentage, but that doesn't matter. What matters is I can still get thru the complicated mess of doing my own taxes, and come within $40 of being correct (that's my personal wiggle room). This year I used an online website to check my math for me ..... and I was within ----- Ta Tata Da ----- $21.04. Not bad eh? I'm happy - so off it goes to the man so I can get my $$ back!
Yeah!

1 comment:

comicbooklady said...

Your slideshows look great! Sweetie Pie is such a sweetie pie!