My Blog List

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Adhesive Capsulitis - aka - Frozen Shoulder!

While I love Iris SweetiePie dearly, its ALL HER FAULT! While hanging a door into the laundry room, to keep Iris out of the laundry room, I fell off a small 2 step ladder and wrecked my shoulder. OUCH! One of those injuries where you lay on the floor breathless 'cause you can't even scream or cry. Well, that was before Christmas. Its now almost 4 months later, several hundreds of $$ later and I can kinda, just barely move my shoulder.
You always hear about these silly middle aged women (who me????) who experience silly middle aged injuries as a result of a silly middle aged fall. No - can't ever happen to me! Oh yeah?
It's oh so much fun (sarcasm intended) 'cause its one of those invisible injuries people can't see. If only I'd fallen and broken something - I would have had a lovely cast to boast about, and even better I could have stayed home from work! Arg!!!
As it is I have one left arm which only functions at half mast. The physiotherapists keep asking me if I'm in a lot of pain - well, no not really, but this dull unrelenting throbbing ache is really getting on my nerves, and the lack of mobility keeps startling me ever time I reach out for something and miss the mark... Then there's the lack of sleep ... can't sleep on that side you see, well, that's just doing wonders for my sunny dispostion - ha! And they say it could take up to a year to fully recover. AND I DO EXPECT to FULLY RECOVER!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of your frozen shoulder. It absolutely is a pain -- I know because I had one about 10 years ago. Took about 4 months to regain good functional motion, and I'm a physical therapist!!! I did learn alot about what works and what doesn't though. My advice for now is stay with the frozen shoulder exercise and perform light stretching in bursts MANY time throughout the day. Don't let the shoulder get sts