My Blog List

Sunday, June 05, 2016

June Showers

So my "dwarf" lilac has overtaken almost the whole back garden!! I tried to trim it back, but by the time I got out there it was already in bloom. So, I cut back as much as possible and the poor Peonies will have to wait 'til the Lilacs are over . Poor Peonies, as soon as they bloom you can guarantee a rainstorm will come along! Yup - it has rained on/off all day today, so no sunny Sunday this week!
That's ok, a couple of friends and I took in "The Man Who Knew Infinity". Excellent - I recommend it! Had the Pater over for dinner yesterday, that was interesting.
I've also been busy making more mug rugs. Not sure who will get these, but I'm still having fun.

Gotta love the one on the left with pencils, and I really like the one on the right with the red and orange coffee cups!
 But then again, I kinda like this one with  Black & White cups.

And not to be left out are a pair of mug rugs with Owls! Look close at the one on the left. Yup, there are owls :).

The Owls on the right come from a fat quarter given to me by one of my quilting buddies - Thanks June!


This week is the Mater's 89th birthday, so stay tuned for another birthday cake next weekend!


Word for this week:
Petrichor - a pleasant smell that frequently accompanies the first rain after a long period of warm, dry weather.
TTFN,


No comments: