My Blog List

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Week Two ....

Can't show you anymore of the Wild Flowers wall hanging as it will (hopefully) be a Christmas present .... which means I must get busy cutting out the freezer paper for the appliques, then quilting! Well, ok, just one pic before the appliques go on ....
 In the meantime I've been busy getting my paperwork into shape - i.e. filed in proper order. I'm a piler not a filer, which means once a year I absolutely have to file or be buried under paperwork. Should go completely paperless but don't yet trust electronic files for my banking and other financial info - do you?
 I also got poor Simone - she who will not be touched - to the vet!! After three tries I finally got some of the tranquilizer the vet gave me into her. Shortly after having her breakfast I could see her wobbling around, so a quick grab and she was in the carrying case - woo hoo! Anxious moment for mommy and Simone. My vet is so fantastic! A quick call to them and they gave us an appointment right away. Simone now has her yearly shots, a year late, but we can both relax now for a bit. She has been relatively subdued since the experience. Maybe the tranquilizer is having a lasting effect? Besides going to the dentist, doing the banking thing I also squeezed in a road trip with a couple of quilting friends ...
 This shop has a lovely assortment of Oriental prints and Batiks. Last time I was here I purchased some oriental fabric to complete a One Block Wonder ..... that's still on my To Do list! Like the shop but was annoyed with the owner who insisted on referring to us as "Girls"! I'm too much of an old school feminist to tolerate that! Girl by definition is a female child - and none of us are children! My friends weren't bothered so I guess it's just me that gets annoyed :( Personally I was disappointed with the so-called Antique market we visited which turned out to be 3 floors of flea market junk with a few antiques thrown in. None-the-less it was a lovely sunny day, lunch was great and it was fun to be out with the ladies for a nice change!
So what else have I been up to ? Well. I finally dug out my Xmas fabric only to discover that in one of my cleaning/organizing fits I threw out the pattern I wanted to make. TG for the internet!! I found the free PDF and am deep into getting this one organized. Peppermint Twist by Sharon Hall designs.
Playing around with the pinwheels was lots of fun, but finally had to get serious and lay out all the blocks. Found out my design wall isn't wide enough ... YIKES! What's a girl to do ...
Will be busy next week getting this one sewn up, 3 more "business" meetings,  and entertaining my LADIES sewing group, then back to work :(. Not looking forward to that part, but what's a girl to do ?  Just noticed I called myself a girl twice in this post - opps, guess I'm either a hypocrite or not as strong a feminist as I thought!  
TTFN

No comments: