My Blog List

Sunday, April 06, 2014

Spring has Sprung :)

Spring has sprung - for real - YEAH
I know it's real because I have a Robin hopping around in my backyard as I write! Yeah ! The sun is shining and the temp is up, I even have the back door propped open so Simone (she who can not be touched) can slip in and out at will. We are loving it!! The snow has almost all melted, my Daffodils are up an inch already - YEAH again! Oh how I love the spring!!
I'm getting close to finishing the Felines and Fluttebies - the blocks at least. Here's the 2nd last block almost finished = this week's quilting.
My experiment with 3D butterflies seems not to have worked out as hoped. Instead of standing proudly their wings are curling unnaturally. What's a girl to do? Any suggestions ????? You can see the pins I've stuck in the wings in an attempt to straighten up the wings - to no avail. As soon as I take the pins out the wings curl up again! I'm thinking of trying to starch the wings with some heavy duty starch. In hindsight I should have used heavier heat-n-bond (I used light weight stuff). Any other ideas out there ???? Would appreciate any advice! Perhaps I'll get into the sewing room and do something else one of these days when Felines is finished!!

TTYL


1 comment:

www.somewhereinstitches.blogspot.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.