My Blog List

Sunday, August 14, 2011

End of the Vacation ;(

So I have ended my vacation with two special purchases, pieces of my "good" china. Now this is fast becoming a collection/obsession rivaling my fabric obsession - but hey, it could be worse, right?
So, while enjoying a lovely day out with two of my quilting friends, thank you ladies, we visited an antique market. Now I know what you're thinking .... why on earth would you be able to make a fabulous china purchase at an antique market? Well, my china pattern, although not out of stock is no longer sold in North America. Since it is/was also sold as giftware I am still able to find pieces out and about in various "markets". So, I picked up another, yes another cake plate. Yes I know, how many cake plates does one need - well, two of course! I also picked up 2 demitasse coffee cups. And then, just yesterday I scored again at the goodwill ..... and picked up this crazy little miniature ewer/pitcher in my china pattern.
So there you go, an end to this year's summer vacation and more to stuff into my flat-to-the-wall!
TTFN




No comments: