My Blog List

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Daffodils and Sunshine - Oh My!

Well, I'm slowly coming out from under this cold/chest infection/seasonal allergies combination attack. The Daffodils in my garden have bloomed (yeah), my trees are budding and all my shrubbery are almost in leaf. So the garden is slowly coming back to life also, though I am concerned about my replacement lavender. The one in the back flowered very well for three years then died completely. I replaced it but planted the replacement in the front garden. I managed to replant it this spring (did not get it deep enough last fall when I first got it) so will give it another week or so and hope it comes back to life. I hope so as I Love LOVE LOVE Lavender.Not much new on the sewing front as I just haven't felt well enough to stitch - that says a lot!
I did manage to start satin stitching the letters for mother's vegetable wall hanging, but am not convinced I like the look. One and a half letters into it and I think I'm going to rip it out and try machine applique. This should be interesting.
TTYL

No comments: