My Blog List

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Winter Hiatus


Well friends and readers .... I'm back after a wee hiatus. Nothing serious, but the winter blas (pictured above) got to me and I took a break. Actually I've been a slug ... just going to work, feeding the cats and cocooning in my living room doing cross stitch! Yes - for the time being I'm all quilted out and have returned to an earlier craft. Actually, I'm taking a machine quilting class at a local sewing shop as I felt the need to have "professional" instruction in an attempt to improve. Time will tell if the effort was worthwhile. In the meantime I found a stamped cross stitch kit in my stash and am once again hooked on cross stitch. This may take me awhile so don't hold your breath!
So, being hooked on cross stitch I made up a cross stitch winter postcard for the quild's postcard exchange. Then I remade the mittens, pictured earlier, and finally got the needlepoint pillow completed. I've had the needlepoint for years and always wanted to make a small pillow. So, recently I moved a black hooked rug from the hallway into the main bath to cover the cold cold ceramic floor. Hmm, that gave me an idea and so I also moved mother's baby rocker into the bathroom corner ... and, well, you know how these things go ... I just had to complete the needlepoint pillow to put on the rocker!




So what else have Iris and Simone and I been up to you ask? Well, ok, I admit I have done some sewing. A while back I randomly put together the leftover blocks from my Cobblestones quilt. It's been on my design wall forever, and over the holidays I finally put some borders on it. I love how it looks, but it's still too small to do anything with it except maybe donate it as a kid's quilt.... So, now I'm grappling with what to do next, donate it or find something else to extend the borders. But don't forget this year's resolutions:
1) finish UFOs and 2) don't buy any fabric (hahahahahahahhah!) Wish me luck!

TTFN


2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carolyn McNeil said...

I have to admit that I'm a little tired of winter, too. I'm in upstate New York and this has been a cold, cold winter. We're having a heat-wave today, it's above freezing...Oh well, I guess it gives us more time to work on our needlepoint projects...
Keep Stitchin'...
Carolyn
http://www.stitchopedia.com
An encyclopedia of needlepoint stitches…