My Blog List

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Saga of the Ragdoll - Continues


Well, the new beastie and I have made it through the Holiday season and are well into January. It seems I have a leaping, trap drinking plant eater! By that I mean she apparently likes, as many cats do, to drink from the tap. Luckily for her I have a minimum of 2 fawcetts which like to drip incessantly! (not good for the environment but good for her). This explains why I keep finding the bath mat in the tub and why I found CutiePie in the bathroom sink all curled up and as cute as a button.
As for the leaping, that's connected to her newest game - leaping over the footboard of my vintage white iron bed and over the pine blanket box to chase after the scrunchy ball I've thrown for her. As a matter of fact she has/is developing the habit of retrieval, about 40-45% of the time, which is pretty good for a cat I've had for less than 3 months! January is such a blah month and my personal schedule is too jam packed so that I frequently find myself tucking into bed way too early (around 9 or 9:30). This is giving SweetiePie the incorrect impression that I/she/We live in the bedroom. Hopefully by Spring time I will have her trained well enough that we can both go outside on the patio for a bit each evening. But of course she will have to respond to her proper name (Iris) which means I will have to make a more concerted effort to use her new name consistently!
As for the plant eating (see pic) I shall have to get to the store and buy some cat grass pronto before she eats me out of house and home! Not fair as I'm am making a concerted effort to ensure she has loads and loads of food and treats (part of her re-training program), aka spoiling her!

Anyho,
TTFN

No comments: