My Blog List

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Pace of Life


This morning on the BBC I heard a story about the accelerated pace of life. NO KIDDING! Now, I am a slow walker, I admit it to everyone. I'm neither a slow nor fast talker, I talk normally - people can understand me- I think. I am willing to admit that I am also a slow eater. According to this BBC story "People are walking 10% more quickly than a decade ago" which confirms my suspicion that I'm not getting slower but that everyone else is getting faster! Again, according to the BBC article "We are constantly in touch with each other and getting back to people as quickly as we can. That's driving us to think everything has to happen now!" No, you don't have to be in contact with everyone ALL the time! Everything does NOT have to happen NOW. And while I'm on this rant ..... your personal priorities are NOT the same as mine!

That's why I prefer hand quilting to machine quilting. Hand quilting takes more time - IT'S SUPPOSED TO. For me, the purpose of making a quilted item is to enjoy the journey

So to everyone, including myself, I say - RELAX ..... SLOW DOWN ..... enjoy the road less travelled!

TTFN

No comments: